It has recently come to my attention that alot of you have not heard of the term “dive bar”, yet have had the privilege to experience one,
So allow me to educate (or rather allow urban dictionary)
“A well-worn, unglamorous bar, often serving a cheap, simple selection of drinks to a regular clientele.
The term can describe anything from a comfortable-but-basic neighborhood pub to the nastiest swill-slinging hole. A bar that is sleazy, poorly maintained and in overall bad shape”
Dive bar nights were always the most fun, probably because you go in with low expectations. Cheap beer from taps that have expensive logos on them, but really what your getting is the expired cheap beer that was left in the back too long. There will be someone with a mullet, the greasy regulars, the drunks, some hipsters, and if its your special night, hookers. Before the end of the night you guaranteed to see a bar fight, that is if you can stand the smell of where someone hurled on the floor.
Oh the glory.
From Dukes to Avenue Pizza to the Strat (the ‘trendy’ dive bar, because there are very few things I enjoy more than irony), heres my ode to cheap beer, quarters, and jukeboxes.
1. Cousinz (Toy Selectah Mex-More Remix) – Vampire Weekend
2. Seventeen years – Ratatat
3. Hey (diplos devil remix)- The Pixies
4. Ice Cream (Herve remix) – New Young Pony Club
5. Digitalism In Cario – Digitalism
6. Gold Lion Remix – Teagan and Sarah
7. Starlett Johanson (Les Petits Pilous Remix) – The Teenagers
8. Shot You Down (Feat. Nancy Sinatra) – Audio Bullys
9. Pick Up the phone (Arithmatix! (Van She Tech) Remix) – Dragonette
10. Freaking Me Out (Designer Drugs remix) – True Pseudo
11. Good Vibrations (Stanton Warriors Remix) – Beach Boys
12. Nightswimming (Kissy Sell Out Bmore Re-Edit) – R.E.M.
13. Golden Age – TV On The Radio